Values of the Framework
The Socially Sustainable Parramatta Framework is a set of core values the Council considers when making decisions. The Framework includes:
- Council's vision for a socially sustainable Parramatta
- Goals that need to be achieved
- Short, medium and long-term actions
- Evaluation of the findings based on 5 key criteria
- Implementation and measurement
Council is following these guidelines with a goal to ensure the growth of Parramatta is balanced with the social infrastructure needs of the community.
Advocating on behalf of the City’s community. It will address core issues to realise shared objectives and identify opportunities with other affected people and groups.
Engaging with the City’s community to help inform decision making, bring awareness to issues and strengthen shared leadership.
Working formally and informally in collaboration with organisations and the community to achieve shared goals.
Conducting research, analysis and evaluation to construct an evidence base that enables the Council to better understand and advocate for the Parramatta community.
Policy and deregulation
Developing policies, strategies and plans that effectively address issues and opportunities within the Parramatta community.
Training and awareness raising
Building capability and capacity within the community to give people the tools and understanding they need to make a difference to their community.
Grants and sponsorship
Directly supporting community groups and other organisations that support the City through capacity building, grants and in-kind support.
Ensuring the City’s community has equitable access to the facilities they need to live well and succeed, by planning and delivering community and cultural facilities, in partnership with other stakeholders.
Directly supporting the local community with the services and programs they need, where and when they need it.
Implementation of the Framework
The City plans to implement the finalised Framework by:
- Developing a yearly implementation plan to progress the actions identified in the Framework.
- Consulting the community and stakeholders about medium and longer-term actions.
- Using the values for decision making identified in this Framework to help Council and others to make socially sustainable decisions.
- Developing a meaningful set of targets and measures to evaluate the progress of this Framework.
- Regularly monitoring the progress of the Framework.
- Reviewing the Framework every three years.